What is Kiara Sky Nail Dipping?Kiara Sky nail powder is a new manicure application process that is quickly becoming as popular as gel nails and traditional acrylic nail polish.
Instead of just putting on a layer of liquid polish to your nails, your fingers will be dipped in a powder formula that contains complex bonds and ingredients that help nails to be stronger and chip resistant, without getting discolored and weakened by harsh chemicals.
The Kiara Sky Professional Nails product line has introduced their own Kiara Sky powder dip starter kit that makes having the process easily done at home. What’s more, this application process lasts just as long as gel nails, which can be around 2 to 3 weeks.
- Comes with several nail powders
- long-lasting nails
- Formulated without harsh chemicals
Kiara Sky Dip Powder Review
The trends in nail treatments and care have gone a long way in recent years. Gel nail polish has upped the playing field in terms of overall finish, look and wear time, but continued use of gel nail polish can be unhealthy for nails and inconvenient as well in terms of application, removal and nail care.
Nail dipping is now the trendy and healthier option and Kiara Sky Dip Powder proves to promote just that – advocating beautiful French manicures and full coverage overlays.
The Kiara Sky Dip Powder System comes with an all-inclusive professional kit and is priced very competitively, which already includes the following:
- seal protect
- nourish oil
- brush saver
- KS dip case
- powders that come in these shades – natural, pure white, light pink, medium pink, dark pink.
The great thing about this system is that not only does it have an amazing range of dip nail powder colors that can be purchased separately (141 colors to be exact), these all also come matching gel and nail lacquer, making it a complete color-matched system for your nails.
With all these color and polish type options, it surely makes for exciting and brilliant nail enhancements.
As for the use and review of the Kiara Sky Dip Powder itself, it’s fast and easy to use, with no added tools or equipment to make or finish off the look.
Just make sure to take the time to learn how to use it and put everything on perfectly. You don’t need to be a professional to use this system, just follow the steps in the next section.Want the kit right now? Click here.
Kiara Sky Dip Powder Step by Step Process
It’s a far easier process to follow and you also end up with healthier nails versus nails done with gel polish, which can get brittle and discolored after prolonged use and zero nail care.
You can have these done at the nail salon or secure yourself a Kiara Sky Dip Powder System and do the steps at home:
- Clean surface – as with any manicure or nail enhancement process, the most important thing to start with is having clean nails. Make sure to get rid of previous nail polish, clean and buff your nail bed and let the natural shine come out and cut your nails into your desired shape.
- Ready your powder – Choose your colors along with the natural shade and shake the containers a bit to loosen it up. Unscrew the lids and place the jars within reach, since you’ll be needing these for the actual dipping after the next two steps.
- Bottle # 1 Bond – grab the bottle that says bond and apply a thin layer over your whole nail. Since the Kiara Sky Dip Powder starter kit has a lot of accompanying bottles, these have thoughtfully been marked with numbers, bond being bottle # 1 as the first step.
- Bottle # 2 Base – the next step would be the base coat, which acts as the resin or glue of the powder. The first layer should be applied to ¾ of the nail, followed by a dip in the natural or white powder. This acts as a base coat before your actual chosen color. Make sure to tap off the excess powder.
- Powder and Base Combo – reapply another layer of the base liquid, but this time coat the whole nail. Then, dip the entire nail into the container, making sure it covers until the cuticles. If your nails are a bit long, you can also opt to dust the powder on top of the nail and base coat by using a spoon. Repeat the base coat and powder step for a more vivid color, and put a final coating of the base liquid after the second powder application. Then let it air dry.
- Bottle # 3 Seal Protect – after the base coat gets air dried, open bottle # 3 and apply the liquid to seal and protect the coating and polish.
- File and shape – get the nail buffer to file and shape the nail, making sure to smoothen out any rough patches or tiny bumps. Wipe or wash your hands to get rid of any excess powders and once that’s done, add another coating of the seal protect (bottle # 3).
- Bottle # 4 Top – grab the top coat bottle and add a layer, then allow to air dry.
- Bottle # 5 Nourishing Oil – as part of the final step, protect your cuticles by giving them a swipe of the Nourishing Oil.
- Bottle # 6 – the Kiara Sky Dip Powder system truly thought of everything, even the bottle brushes that might get clunky from all the powders. Once a brush starts looking lumpy with all the powder run through, just open Bottle # 6 called Brush Saver and soak the dirty brush inside for a few minutes. The whole kit also comes with extra brushes.
Lastly, removing nail-dipped applications from natural nails is similar to gel nail polish removal. Just file away the top layer, soak your nail in polish remover in a cotton ball for around 10 to 15 minutes then rub the color off.
The below video also goes through the process in detail.